Friday 22 February 2008

Today, Hair Monster is...

This is turning into a bit of a Facebook style status dump, but after yesterday's optimism, today I feel flat, down and slightly tearful. I wasn't this morning; I continued with my enthusiastic desk-tidying fetish and went through the drawers. I got down as far as the Paleolithic period and filled 2 bins with tut, rubbish and old paperwork.

But the early cheerfulness and conscientiousness started to evaporate into edginess. K texted a few times, and I was explicitly forcing myself to expect it to be him each time. And then D rang. As I thought he might. Just to confirm who was where next week. As much as I want to see him, I don't know how to talk to him. My current private life is so big in my head that I worry that one hint of concern from him and I will burst into tears. I don't think that's really what he's bargained for.

Crap, everything is big and heavy and tragic at the moment, and some lighthearted fun could be a good antidote - I just don't know how to get it at the moment. I wonder if WtC is around?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, it's your blog, you should be able to dump in it :)

It sounds as though you're on an emotional rollercoaster at the moment, which means that the next one is bound to be a high.