Tuesday 19 February 2008

Blogging

Now I hate it when bloggers come over all introspective and precious about their blogs. They start singing to the gallery once they get plenty of regular readers - something I don't currently have to worry about. And like the Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle, taking a measurement of your place in the world affects your output - its skews it to one definite position or another when the internal reality is too subtle to be committed to words.  

But one of the better posts I have read on this point is this one from the Naked Truth on Words of Lust. Her assertion that sex, despite its grunting, noisy, funny reality can sometimes be transcendental rings true to me - an escape into a moment of physical bliss beyond that which our nagging, analytical minds can follow is exactly what I seek to find, to describe, to fit into the jigsaw of my emotional life. Fat chance.

2 comments:

JW said...

"They start singing to the gallery once they get plenty of regular readers - something I don't currently have to worry about."

Oh dear ... should I go away again? I'd hate to push up the risk ;-)

Hair Monster said...

Lol - I think I asked for that! Feel free to do what the Woman of Experience suggests here. Like I just have ;-)