Monday 31 March 2008

Up, Down and Sideways

I have no idea how I feel today - at any given moment I am seconds from either tears or laughter. K is just plain miserable - i got 15 texts in 12 hours from him over Saturday night/Sunday morning. I am giving him some support, but I need to keep back some energy for me. I miss - if not him - then the security of a relationship, of a future. And of all things, I'm mourning the lack of holidays - 10 wasted years with him - what was it for?

Then there's D. He's been elusive, to say the least. Over the Easter weekend, his wife accused him of having an affair - obviously he denied everything. Apparently his 'performance' takes a while to recover after I've finished with him. Also I'm sure there's more to it that he hasn't said. So, due to my schedule and his, it was only accidental that we ended up in the same place last week, and he has declined a possible opportunity this week. He mentioned a chance the week after, and I was ambivalent. I'm currently feeling rather like an unpaid prostitute, on the basis that, as we all know, they are paid not for sex but for going away afterwards.

I want to crawl under the duvet and hide away, but I can't even close the curtains in the living room, til I've finished painting and put them up again. Its taken 5.5 days just to strip off all the bloody woodchip wallpaper, and there seems a mile of glossing to do. Sigh. On the day he left, I told K that I intended to start decorating. He looked around and admitted that we could have done it together years ago. Then he hit me with, "You should have nagged more." Sheesh - and they say there's no pleasing women - shame he didn't appreciate my numerous wonderful qualities when he had the chance.

2 comments:

Nemo said...

Hope you're feeling a bit better now. It's hard being the 'other woman'. There are often times I wonder just how much he doesn't reveal to me, and times that I'm actually grateful to be in a relationship myself for fear of how possessive I could become - which in turn would cause me to lose him.
Having no experience in this area, I find myself contemplating just how it all works and if I should be feeling a certain way. It sounds as if you are in the same spot. Let me know if you figure it out.

Hair Monster said...

Thanks Akrazael. I felt a lot better this morning - went from crying every 10 mins yesterday to feeling much more cheerful and resolute today.

I shall use the rest of your comment as my next post, if you don't mind!