Tuesday 27 February 2007

Fat Kids, Thick Mothers

Now far be it from me, a short, round woman as I may have mentioned, to get unduly fattist, but for God's sake, how thick must you be, how big a wet drip to let this happen? "He doesn't like it, he won't do it, I can't make him" For crying out loud, what is your existence as a mother for, if not to impel your kids to do things that they may not necessarily want to do, but are good for them. It's called being a parent.

I would say its called being an adult, but as I had twins at 15, and managed perfectly well to encourage them to eat sensibly, study hard, get qualified and start their own lives without the benefit of being old enough to vote at the start of the process, I will simply refer to it as common sense.

If the kid gets ill and needs antibiotics, are you going to acquiesce to his whines that they're too big to swallow? Are you going to avoid giving him his jabs cos he might cwy? Are you going to let him not go to school cos its a bit hard? Apparently so. This woman has it right, if you can't outwit a kid, what the fuck are you doing having one?

No comments: